Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Products Part I: Body Care

A month before starting Accutane I started a moisturizing skin and body care routine. I think this has helped with my skin not getting too dry. (doesn't stop the breakouts though unfortunately...) I did research online on what is good to use and tweaked for myself, my budget, and what worked for me. Today is body care!
Starting from the inside. Women's 73 Nutrient Soft-Gel Multi. I have been taking these for about 3 months actually. They are big vitamins, but packed with everything that a woman needs and more. I has green nutrition, vitamins for healthy hair and skin, including omega-3s! This is great Accutane vitamin because it only has 60%DV of vitamin A. I only take one a day(30%), and my derm approved it. I do recommend reading all the ingredients before taking though. There is primrose oil which I heard some people cannot take, and Cat's Claw powder which I looked up and apparently it can cause miscarriages o_O; so there is a CA Birth Defect warning on it. But you don't really have to worry about that while on Accutane do we ladies?

Body care! St. Ives Renewing Collagen Line. Because your face is not the only thing that gets dry ^.~ I'm a sucker for anything with collagen, so I picked these up. I like them a lot. I'm on my 2nd bottle of each. The smell is wonderful! And they are paraben free which I try to stick to. I do not have itchy dry skin since starting Accutane thanks to these babies~ The shower gel lathers up very nicely so you can even shave your legs with it sine it is so moisturizing. The lotions I can put everywhere and not have skin irritation from my sensitive skin even though there is fragrance. I highly recommend these, I have also used the Mineral Therapy and Oatmeal body washes enjoyed them as well. I feel like the collagen is more long lasting moisture is all.
I have also been eating collagen+hyaluronic acid gummies from Mitsuwa. Not sure if these are actually helping, but they taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment